Richard and Patricia Martin are duly enrolled and registered Public Notaries, both providing the service of Notary Public in Swindon and the surrounding areas of Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire. They have the expertise and technological support to provide a fast, modern and efficient service, exactly to the client’s particular requirements and schedule.
There are full facilities for Notary Public at Andrews Martin offices as well as operating a fully mobile service to travel out to visit companies, partnerships and private individuals at their own offices or homes. Andrews Martin provide notarial services to a number of multinational companies and corporations. They are available for same day and out of hours appointments
Richard and Patricia are also solicitor partners in the firm of Andrews Martin but their Notarial practices are separate and independent from Andrews Martin. However, they benefit from being able to draw on the legal and ancillary support of Andrews Martin to provide you with the best possible service.
Richard and Patricia can notarise documents for all countries in the world; see a complete list of their services below.
- Powers of Attorney for use abroad by companies or individuals
- Business Documents and Deeds
- Documents for use in Court proceedings abroad
- Documents for use in Property transactions or inheritance matters abroad
- Declarations and Affidavits for use abroad
- Authenticating of transfers or registration of patents and trade marks abroad
- Sponsorship forms for people visiting the UK
- Applications for citizenship and oaths of allegiance
- Witnessing the signature of foreign Wills
- Noting of protest and advising on Bills of Exchange
- Certifying birth, marriage and death certificates and passports
- Certifying education certificates subject to verification by the issuing organisation
- Overseas adoptions
- Authenticating identity and signatures
- Obtaining “apostille” legalisation
- Consent for children to travel abroad
- Obtaining legalisation with foreign embassies and consulates
What does it cost?
Current notarial fees are based on a charge rate of £200 per hour with a minimum charge of £85 for private documents and a minimum charge of £110 for commercial documents. No VAT is charged on notarial fees at present. There may be additional charges to pay to third parties, such as my London Agents, the Foreign Office or an Embassy.
If you need the services of a Notary Public, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Patricia, I cannot thank you enough for all the support, care, advice and hard work that you have given me in what has been a very emotional rollercoaster regarding my dad. Thanking you again.
Emily, You cannot improve on perfection.
Mrs Martin, I just want to thank you for all that you have done for my mother in such very difficult circumstances.
Patricia I have recommended you because you really care about your clients – you stand up for them against all challenges and really go the extra mile.
In Richard we have a quite outstanding deputy for my sister.
I have to say that you have been a beacon of professionalism and competence in a sea of poor service from many other parties. I will have no hesitation in using your services again and recommending you to others. Well done!
All staff are extremely friendly and helpful, especially Emily and Laura who could always be relied upon to deal with queries quickly. I will definitely use you again – you are reasonably priced and efficient.
Just to thank you for dealing with my documents so professionally yesterday
I will definitely be happy to recommend Andrews Martin – in fact I already have!
Your level of service was excellent.
We found you friendly, welcoming and we felt comfortable both in Reception and with the solicitor who went through the information clearly and we didn’t feel rushed.
I was extremely satisfied with the service that we received from Andrews Martin.
Laura was a star!
You could not have done better. Your service was first class – thank you.
Emily bent over backwards to solve problems when they occurred and kept me informed throughout.
Your service was outstanding – there was nothing that you could have done to improve!