Since 2009 we have developed this department into one of the leaders in the region. Both Richard and Patricia are recognised experts in the field and receive referrals both from the Court of Protection and from other larger regional law firms and from Local Authorities, care providers and Mental Health Teams. Richard is a member of the Court of Protection’s panel of deputies of last resort, the highest accreditation in the field and one of only 60 members in England and Wales.
Richard is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly and Patricia belongs to Action on Elder Abuse and holds the CLT Certificate with Distinction in Advising the Vulnerable Client.
Patricia specialises in contentious Court of Protection matters and appears regularly in the Court of Protection.
We can help where there is an argument between family members about the management of the property or money of an incapacitated individual and Patricia has a record of dealing sensitively and efficiently in finding a sensible way forward to achieve a satisfactory outcome both for the vulnerable adult and the family and avoid if possible protracted and expensive Court proceedings.
We can help you with:
- Applying to be appointed a deputy for your relative
- Assisting the family deputy with every aspect of the deputy’s responsibilities including:
- Care home contracts and issues with care homes
- Employment and payment of home carers
- Local authority and NHS funding
- Management of the day to day finances
- Preparation of the annual report to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Advising about the making of gifts and statutory wills
- Purchase of a suitable home for the incapacitated person
If we can help you with any Court of Protection matters, please telephone us, or E-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.